The CPRA Professional Development Certification must be renewed every three years by completing the following requirements.
How do I apply for recertification?
Hold an Active Certificate & Belong to a CPRA Member Association
- British Columbia Recreation and Parks Association
- Alberta Recreation and Parks Association
- Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association
- Recreation Connections Manitoba
- Parks and Recreation Ontario
- Association québécoise du loisir municipal
- Recreation New Brunswick
- Recreation Nova Scotia
- Recreation P.E.I.
- Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador
- Northwest Territories Recreation and Parks Association
- Recreation and Parks Association of the Yukon
- Recreation and Parks Association of Nunavut
Earn Learning Credits
Recertification participants must earn a minimum of 75 learning credits. These credits can be collected across five categories, each with its own maximum credit limit. View the Learning Credits Catalog to discover eligible professional development opportunities and their credit value.
Complete Core Competency Workshops
Participants must complete three Core Competency Workshops during the recertification period. Workshops examine current issues and trends affecting recreation and parks in Canada and help develop participants’core competencies.
|$565 x 3*||$1695|
Prices do not include GST. Workshop fees include administration costs and access to the Learning Credits Report Form.
* 20% discount is available for municipalities and organizations interested in purchasing courses in bundles of 5. Please contact us for more information.
Ex: Emma completed her certification November 31, 2015. Her certification is valid for 3 years effective the following June 1, i.e. June 1, 2016. To retain her certification, Emma must complete her recertification requirements by May 31, 2019.
Ex: Dominic completed his recertification March 31, 2016. His renewed certification is valid for 3 years effective June 1, 2016. To retain his certification, Dominic must complete his recertification requirements by May 31, 2019.